Friday, August 7, 2009

Things from Mom

This toaster came originally from grandma, but mom made toast in it every morning when I was really little, until she got her new 1950's toaster! The sides swing out and you put a slice of bread in on each side and the coils toast it. See the electric cord? The teapot was a wedding gift to her and dad. It cost .25, and the giver was a friend who had no money and apologized for such a small gift. But mom made daddy hot tea in it every day, and the inside is brown from all the pots of tea we enjoyed from that wedding gift. The nickel ice cream scoop with a walnut handle scooped lots of ice cream, because that was my mother's weakness. Just thought I would share some "oldies " with you!

1 comment:

Pink Princess said...

Isn't it great all those memories that come back with these items?? I have my grandmama's culing irons. Also have her old teapot as well. Mom always told me grandmama made hot chocolate in that teapot, and it never was used for tea, just hot chocolate in the cold winter ♥
I love these items too and have them on display always. Lotsa good memories.