Sunday, August 22, 2010

Flowers in jars for my table

Had two couples over for dinner last night and I wish I had taken a photo of the table before we ate, because I liked it so much.  Definitely nothing fancy.  I used my pottery dishes, and deep red napkins, and then put fresh cut flowers in four jars for the centerpiece.  This morning I just had to take a photo of the centepiece.  It cost me all of two dollars.   

3 comments:

Julia said...

Love it! You are such a girl after my own heart! I just saw in a magazine using very small bottles for vases and name cards as place settings.
My friend is a nurse and has given me a store house of used, cleaned and sterilied, medicine bottles. Next dinner I do, I am going to try it out.

Nancy Jo said...

Jeannie looks nice. Were those flowers that you grew? Or took from a neighbors yard ? ha.
Bet your whole dinner table when set looked really nice.
NANCY JO

jeannie said...

Just yesterday when I was at the grocery, I saw a cover of a mag that had little bottles with flowers for a centerpiece, and I thought, darn, I am just ahead of things, ain't I? :)

I bought the flowers at our organic outdoor market for 2.00. I decided to leave the neighbor's alone, since she was working outside all day.