Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Home Repairs.....so fun! Sure.....

We are having new tile floors put installed in both of our bathrooms.  And new quartz countertops too.  It has been 25 years, and the original tops and floors have served us well.  Will post photos when it is done, which is hopefully on Friday. 

I have spent a lot of time emptying vanities, covering my existing carpet and floors to protect them, and also realizing I have way too much stuff in the drawers and cabinets!!!!  Part of it is my couponing results (buy one and get one on laundry soap and toilet tissue).  Hubby says he will never again, while shopping, ask if we are low on detergent or potty paper.  We are 61.....I am fairly sure I have a lifetime supply!

The upstairs floor looks so pretty.  Now it is 9:45 and here I wait for the guys to show up to begin on the downstairs floor.  I am glad they can predominantly work inside....it is going to be 102 here today.  And no rain.  A good week to get an inside repair and remodel done. 

I have used every door mat, rug, plastic tablecloth, old paint sheet and delapidated beach towel I can find to cover the steps and floors.  I know the workers think I am nuts.....I have to admit....I am a carpet nazi.  Just ask the grandkids.  They just take off their shoes as they come in the door now and do not even blink an eye!       

2 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Hi Jeannie! I have seen home service companies that will put little footies on over their work boots before they enter. Perhaps you can find some of those?

Hope it turns out just like you envision!

Julia said...

Ooo! Can't wait to see pictures!