I think I am really going to like blogging! It has me so excited.
Today was absolutely beautiful outdoors....over 75 and windy but clear and lovely. I took a long walk. We have a nature area near us. It is called Goose Pond. It is a lowland water pond, and attracts a lot of wildlife. As long as I live in Florida, I will never get used to seeing Blue Herons, White Ibis, Otters, huge snapping turtles and giant Hawks just 1/2 block from my home. I am a mid-western girl by heritage. Growing up we had birds, but nothing exotic. We had wildlife, but not Red Foxes eating biscuits in our backyard. We had farm animals, but not alligators sometimes venturing into the neighborhhood. It is a wonderful world and no matter where we live, we need to really look around and give thanks to God.
Going out on the back porch early this morning, the air was full of bird song. And on a branch near me was a Warbler I had never seen before, singing to his (or her) heart's content.
Yesterday I planted pepper plants, and I have tomatoes and snap peas coming up and broccoli still producing. How I wish I had more land to plant! Here in Florida, I feel I have become a fan of winter more than any other season. It is cold, but not too cold. The bugs are less. There is no snow. It is like summer up north, maybe.
Anyway, Jeannie's Place is encountering a new season, and my back porch is a welcome place for a little while, until the heat and bugs chase me inside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment