The days of that are getting short - how can that be, Northerners say? Because here it is already 92 degrees in the shade. I ate lunch here today after I worked in the garden and was already hot. With a big glass of water, it felt good to rock in the rocker.The light through the window is our dining room chandelier.
I keep telling myself on cool nights I will sleep on the swing.....but then I hear the raccoons. And the mosquitoes buzzing.
We have our share of meals here, as we sit and look out at the trees. No houses in back of us - acres and acres of land undeveloped. Love it! Come and sit with us some night!
As I was growing up, our family porch was on the front and folks did come and sit. Our evening entertainment was talking to the neighbors who would often wander over. But now I notice that porches and patios are on the back, where family can enjoy privacy. There is good in both. I remember having dates sit with me on the porch, and I knew all the neighbors were probably watching. Back porches can cure that! :)

2 comments:
What a lovely porch Jeannie. You are going inside now just as we are comming out! Guess your best time is in the early morning to be out there. Well its real pretty anyway. Love it.
NANCY JO
Such a pretty place to sit and reflect.
Blessings,
Lea
Post a Comment