So....a recent theme for the blog-a-thon was "In The Garden".......I have gotten out of order in my posting, I think, but I am trying to keep up!
Our garden this spring is absolutely great!!!!! It is because we have had lots of cool nights and sunny days. Less rain and muggyness means less bugs and rot, in Florida anyway. My sugar snap peas are taller than my hubby and he is 6 feet. I have so many peas I do not know what to do with them! We love to eat them fresh steamed with a little salt and pepper. And we put small ones raw on our salads. I also include them with other veggies in my fish dishes.
But I have never had to "put up" peas before and have no idea if they freeze. Sounds like I need to do some research.
Our pepper plants and our tomato plants are blooming and each have small veggies on them. The cucumbers are flowering. And one little broccoli plant, which still looked so sturdy I could not bear to take it out, still lives among the spring garden plants.
We have 3 small organic gardens in our front, side and back yards. We have about one acre, but there are LOTS of trees in the back, and sunlight is an issue. When I can, I will take a photo of the snap peas....I cannot go out the door without wandering over to them and picking. It is so fun to pick peas....Guess I am just a peapicker!
As always, check out www.maryjanesfarm.org. Talk about luscious gardens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment