Thursday, May 1, 2008

A furry friend visits us - #6 MaryJanes Blog-a-thon

Here is a little furry friend I saw the other morning as I went out to my garage. We have seen foxes many other times, mostly in the evenings, but this one was out chasing squirrels at 10 AM!

I stood quietly awhile to see if it looked aggressive, but I think it was just playing around. Or hungry for a good squirrel lunch.....

He (or she).....actually I think it is a she, had three young ones with her last fall. She came to the yard each evening at dusk when we would put out left overs. Her little ones were near, down by the stream, and in the mornings early we could hear their little barks. The barks sound like something between a cat and a puppy - sharp, mewly barks. But cute. Anyway, several years ago, we also had a pair of foxes, and the hubby would come to the yard, check out the food, and curl up beside it until mommy was done eating...then he would finish it. Isn't that sweet?

We do not have any domestic animals anymore. Our last one, a doggie, lived over 18 years, and when he passed, we decided to enlarge the garden, and not have animals..... we want a simple life, but at this point, animals do not seem simple!

Anyway, please check out www.maryjanesfarm.org. She covers all aspects of farm life, and you will really enjoy her website and her new magazine!!! And, she is a fox, too! :)



Red Fox

No comments: